TERMS & CONDITIONS
• All sales are final.
• No refunds or returns.
• All services must be booked as Black Widow Designs does not offer rush services other than pre-made changes. *Please see Section III, Pre-made Changes for more information.
• That said, all services should be booked well ahead of any other scheduled deadlines the Client may have such as cover reveal, KDP pre-order submissions, ARC distribution, etc. Client understands that turnaround times are the same for everyone (no appointment takes precedence over another) and that their appointment could run anywhere from 1-3 weeks, longer still if excess alterations are requested. Furthermore, Black Widow Designs is not responsible for any missed deadlines due to finalization delays and/or too-close-to-deadline bookings.
• Client agrees to have a general design vision and desired images ready to go by appointment day. The images do not need to be licensed unless they are 1) An exclusive image 2) Images from another site that is not DepositPhotos.
• On appointment day, an order form will be provided. This form must be filled out within 48hrs, otherwise, the appointment will be considered abandoned, and a $75 no-show fee will apply.
• Every Black Widow Designs service comes with an allotted number of stock photo credits from DepositPhotos. Any additional photo(s) that needs to be licensed after the fact is $10 per image unless Client is providing them.
• Regardless of what service is to be completed, Black Widow Designs does not offer multiple initial proofs.
• 1 proof will be provided in which the Client can then request alterations.
• Number of alterations depends on what package Client has chosen for that service.
• Client agrees to thoroughly review their files before approving for finalization. Black Widow Designs is not responsible for any claims/losses based on errors/inaccuracies appearing in Client's files after they've been approved for finalization and submitted to the Client.
• Upon finalization approval, all necessary images/elements will be licensed unless Client is providing them. *Please see Section IIV for more information.
• Standard turnaround time for all services is 1-2 weeks, sometimes 3 for highly detailed projects like, for example, Tier 3 Formatting.
• In the event Black Widow Designs needs more time to complete the Client's project than originally stated (i.e. illness, medical emergency, family emergency, etc) the Client will be contacted to set up a new finalization date and/or cancel if a new date cannot be agreed upon.
• Deposits and/or pre-payments are not accepted. However, cancellation fees apply within certain timeframes. Fees are as follows:
- Cancellations made any time before the two weeks leading up to appointment: $25
- Cancellations made within the two weeks leading up to appointment: $50
- Cancellations made one week to 24 hours prior: $75
- Cancellations made after design work has begun: $75
• Payment is due in full and within 72 hours of invoicing unless an alternate payment option has been discussed prior to invoicing.
• Missed invoice deadlines will come with an initial $25 late fee and an additional $10 per day after the fact until it is paid.
• Black Widow Designs offers the following payment plans:
- 50/50: Half due upon invoicing, remainder paid within one month.
- 25/25/25/25: First payment due upon invoicing, payment installments made every two weeks until paid off.
• Once the invoice has been paid, Client will receive an email with a Google Drive link that houses all of their high-res files. The Client will have full editing access to this folder and can download the images continuously for up to three months.
CHANGES AFTER PAYMENT/APPROVAL:
• Should the Client request any changes after approval for finalization and/or after payment has been been received, and Black Widow Designs has distributed said files to the Client, a $50 alteration fee will apply and may increase with the number of files that need to be revised.
• Client also understands their final files are not to be altered in any way, shape, or form by anyone except Black Widow Designs without permission.
• All pre-mades will sell only once.
• All pre-made sales are final.
• No refunds or returns.
• Payment is due in full within 24 hours of invoicing.
• Failure to do so will cancel out the invoice, thus rendering the pre-made available for purchase.
• If a pre-made is purchased but the Client doesn't have use for it just yet, Black Widow Designs will gladly hold onto the cover for as long as Client deems necessary.
• In the same hand, if a pre-made is purchased and the Client is ready to have those changes made, an order form can be provided. Please allow 1-2 weeks after submitting the form for changes to be made.
• Black Widow Designs offers a preset amount of stock photo credits for each service. Amount will depend on what package the Client has selected. Black Widow Designs will maintain rights to those images.
• Should Client choose to provide images instead, whether stock or exclusive, the Client will maintain the rights to said images.
• Client must obtain the correct rights/permissions for commercial use of the image(s) they are providing.
• Client also understands that stock images are in no way exclusive, and that the same or similar images/models may appear on other authors and/or designers' work. Black Widow Designs will not be held liable for covers/branding/formatting/swag created by a different designer that contain the same imagery.
• Black Widow Designs maintains full rights of all of their original designs and concepts.
• Client understands these designs and concepts are not to be recreated or altered by anyone other than Black Widow Designs.
• If Client is partway into a series and would like to proceed with any other designer that is not Black Widow Designs, permission to recreate the series/images can be granted via written and signed agreement.
• Black Widow Designs requires design credit of appropriate service(s) to appear in Client’s book on the copyright page.
• Any of the forms below are acceptable:
- Insert Service Here © Dee Garcia
- Insert Service Here © Dee Garcia, Black Widow Designs
- Insert Service Here © Black Widow Designs
• Client agrees not to hold Black Widow Designs liable for any loss of business, revenues, or reputation resulting from outside factors like, for example, "models behaving badly."
• Client also understands that while we strive to create unique, eye-catching designs, we cannot guarantee sales or success of any kind on the Client's end.
CODE OF FAIR PRACTICE:
• Black Widow Designs proudly states that the work provided to the Client is a 100% original creation, and has not been previously produced/published anywhere else. The work provided also does not contain any unlawful matter.
• The Client also understands they, or anyone else, may not use Black Widow Designs' original work in any way that may infringe upon the rights of others.